Friday, May 21, 2010

WAITING FOR GOD'S PERFECT TIMING...

Psalm 40
For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.

3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

~ These verses were shared to me by a friend (in the ER at the hospital) yesterday. PRAISE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY! SDG!

2 comments:

ladywarrior said...

New Internation Version

David Llamoso Talaguit said...

I love verse 4. One would expect to hear "who trusts in the Lord", but instead it says, "...who makes the Lord his trust." For me, it takes the attention away from the trustee and places it to the trusted. From Him and to Him and through Him are all things. Even our ability to trust comes from Him.