Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Listen to Him

Life is a walk. Each day we take steps. Our tomorrow is determined by the steps we take today. When both of my children learned to walk, our goal was always to prepare them for the day when they would no longer need our help. And we were thrilled when we saw them experience that joy of freedom for the first time. Learning to walk with our Heavenly Father is somewhat different. He wants us reach up and take His hand, but He doesn't want us to ever let go. In fact, His desire is that we become more and more dependent upon Him for every step. That's because He wants to take us to places we've never been. To heights we can't even imagine...

But it's up to us to take the first step. If we don't, we will never learn to walk with Him. We can be so afraid of taking a wrong step that we fail to take any step at all. God didn't part the waters of the Jordan River for the Israelites until they first put their feet in the water (Joshua 3:15-16). That's because God always requires the first step to be ours. In order to take that first step, we must look into the face of God, reach up and take His hand, and say, "Lead me in the path you have for me, Lord. From this day on I want to walk with You. I take this step of faith and I trust You to meet me here. Align my heart with Yours." Once you've taken
that first step, God will show you other steps to take. He will teach you how to walk in the light of His truth, revelation, and love.

~ Stormie Omartian

No comments: